Tuesday, July 15, 2014

艺心敏摄@水车路

牛車水算是一個我很熟悉的地方...因為以前我Dad的店就那裡,所以从小我也在那裡'混'日子╮(╯▽╰)╭ 

自從Dad結束他的生意後,我也少去那裡了....
其實更多的原因是我覺得牛車水已變了樣; 牛車水(曾經)是新加坡老一輩華人社會的縮影,
在這裡可以聽到地道的方言,
嚐到純正的星洲風味食品,買到傳統的日常用品...
很遺憾,曾經熟悉的回憶變摸糊了... 
我彷彿踏入了另一個異國世界。 
無可奈何,這裡已成為了城市發展底下的犧牲品。 

上週四,不想上班的我再次踏入這裡... 
但我刻意往反方向走......
遠離那喧鬧的遊客區...
逃離那繁華的中國區。 
我來到了“水車路”~(Kreta Ayer Road)......
這是在牛車水的另一條街道,也是較寧靜的一區。 

不說你不知,Kreta Ayer其實是牛車水的馬來名稱。
牛車水指的就是“水車”,早期的牛車水因取水處不多,居民都得以牛車作為取水之物。
因為這(牛)水車的普遍,所以名為“水車路”。
這處彷彿又帶我回到了熟悉的懷舊長廊... 

一杯咖啡加上一份土司,享用著不只是份早餐...
還有從忙碌中偷取的一段悠閒時光。 
室內燈光柔和...
暈黃燈光下瀰漫著新鮮麵包誘人的香味和咖啡香,令我垂涎~^O^~ 


雖然這區很安靜,但欣慰的是一些有特色店舖,餐廳,懷舊咖啡店仍持著份熱誠在維持著生計。 


從水車路頭走到尾就會到達~丹戎巴葛區的達士敦路(Tanjong Pagar - Duxton Road)...下次有機會再分享。 


我很喜歡這裡的特色樓房......
每一個小植物...
老樹...

空氣...
寧靜...
...還有老一輩們的生活氣場。

7 comments:

  1. TQ for sharing DF...these year Chinatown really have a big change, a lot of western outlet also set up there^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Crystal, really Big Change...
      really hope Singapore feel never been replaced...
      a little creative change is good...if too many will lost the original feel.
      p.s. you should try to explore kreta ayer, some nice cafe/restaurant over there :-)

      Delete
  2. 我覺得星加坡已經比香港好多了
    我們好像甚麼都沒能保留下來:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks for poping by my blog in the mid of your recovery :-)
      相信每個地方都會有它值得存在,被保留下來的一處....希望去香港時,我也能找回那懷舊的一面(hope I can find ^◎^")
      Wish u speedy recovery :-)

      Delete
  3. Tricia, thanks for the photo..I really miss Chinatown...Singapore..

    Quite sad for me because my whole family will be moving out of Singapore by the end of this year..

    I will go there when I return back to Singapore again...

    Marcruz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marcruz, do visit Chinatown when you are back to Singapore, I think will definitely bring back many fond memories.
      Don't be sad...no matter where we are or where we go~ This little red dot will always stand an important role in our heart & it will be our Home Forever!
      Take care...will catch up more when you are back:-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Tricia, thanks for your kind words..

    And thank you so much for sharing those nice photos of Chinatown.

    ReplyDelete